HonorHealth Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
Cardiovascular disease, which encompasses problems with the heart or blood vessels, is the nation’s leading cause of death.
Here are the numbers on the number one killer:
- Approximately every 40 seconds, someone in America suffers a heart attack.
- Every 37 seconds in the United States, someone dies of cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular disease claims more lives annually than all forms of cancer and chronic lower respiratory disease combined.
- By 2035, more than 45 percent of the U.S. population is projected to have some form of cardiovascular disease.
You can help HonorHealth turn the tables on this devastating disease. With your philanthropic support, the HonorHealth Cardiovascular Center of Excellence can offer the most advanced care delivered by an elite team of medical experts.
How a cardiovascular center of excellence benefits our community
Developing a Cardiovascular Center of Excellence requires an investment to assemble top medical talent across the full spectrum of heart and vascular conditions. This means attracting leading physicians who represent subspecialties like diagnostic imaging, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, vascular surgery, cardiac surgery and interdisciplinary medicine.
Care is personalized. Through a team-based approach, these experts from different specialties work together to create a unique treatment plan for individuals with complex care needs. This ensures each patient benefits from comprehensive, evidence-based care, and a continuity of care across their entire care experience.
This creates an environment of excellence, where team members — from nurses and pharmacists to case managers and cardiac rehabilitation — are all dedicated to providing outstanding care, patient experiences and outcomes.
A Center of Excellence also facilitates clinical research and innovation. This gives patients access to groundbreaking clinical trials of new medications and medical technologies, as well as the foremost authorities on specific cardiovascular ailments. At the same time, this collaborative environment advances medical knowledge in the field of cardiovascular medicine through education and teaching. This is the “gold standard” of cardiovascular care, ultimately improving care and outcomes for patients across Arizona and the Southwest.
The difference you can make
Your generosity enables the HonorHealth Cardiovascular Center of Excellence to:
- Recruit top physicians and leading researchers across the many specialty areas of cardiovascular care.
- Conduct groundbreaking studies to develop new treatments.
- Provide the elite level of care our community deserves.
- Create lifesaving new programs, such as mechanical heart therapy and heart transplant services.
And that’s just the beginning. Our vision is to one day offer a dedicated heart hospital, ambulatory surgery center, vascular lab and other state-of-the-art services and facilities. This vision for advancing cardiovascular care requires the support of someone like you. And when you make your gift, you’ll join the HonorHealth Cardiovascular Center of Excellence in helping to defeat such a devastating disease.
Want to learn more? Don’t see what you’re looking for? Schedule a call or meeting with a Gift Officer and realize your legacy of change today.