Impact Report | Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
Your gift saves more lives and heals more hearts
Your philanthropy makes a difference when and where it’s needed most
Because of you and your generous support of HonorHealth’s Cardiovascular Center of Excellence, we are changing and saving lives.
Your investment is creating a renowned center of excellence, including the expertise, infrastructure, technology and research to continue advancing the care we provide to our community.
It’s these gifts that make an immediate impact and help create one of the leading destinations for comprehensive heart care in the country.
And for that, we thank you!
"Innovation has enabled us to replace many open chest, open heart surgeries with interventional techniques. It requires an investment in the right team, the right technology, the right environment, but we believe the next quantum leap forward in cardiovascular care could originate right here at HonorHealth."
— DAVID G. RIZIK, MD, MSCAI
FACC Chief, Complex Interventional Cardiology
HonorHealth Cardiovascular Center of Excellence
One Act, Exponential Impact!
Every patient and family’s experience with HonorHealth is enhanced because of philanthropy.
Your donation to HonorHealth’s Cardiovascular Center of Excellence provides a wide array of benefits and resources to patients, as well as medical and clinical staff across our hospital system.
Over the past year, we have used funds provided by you, our gracious donors, for a number of programs, capital equipment acquisitions and clinical education
to support our care for patients in our community, including:
- Opening two new, state-of-the-art procedural rooms at Shea Medical Center, to provide hundreds of complex procedures and care to electrophysiology, cardiology, vascular and cardiothoracic patients.
- Acquiring 135 new EKG carts to replace the entire fleet across all HonorHealth hospitals. These carts service more than 100,000 patients each year. We were also able to shift displaced devices from the hospital to our outpatient clinics, where they provide service to tens of thousands of patients per year.
- Replacing our entire cardiac echo cart fleet (40 devices) across the hospital division, which provide cardiac echo studies to more than 25,000 patients annually.
- Replacing cardiac stress systems across the hospitals, which provide diagnostic studies to 5,000 patients per year.
- Through capital relief initiatives, we acquired numerous supporting technologies through the span of care from acute to ambulatory. These include procedural coronary artery diagnostic devices and outpatient cardiac rehab patient monitoring systems.
- Acquiring a radiation safety device to reduce the amount of radiation to a procedural cardiologist and supporting clinical staff to practically zero exposure. We are working with the State of Arizona to demonstrate the effectiveness of this device, to be able to implement it at various locations in our facilities.
- Sending nurses, sonographers and technologist to a variety of clinical educational opportunities locally and nationally.
- And because of your support of our continuing education, our clinical staff are able to advance their formal education and obtain baccalaureate through doctoral degrees in their areas of expertise.